Re: Set your system clock

Richard Lyons wrote:
On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 09:18:42AM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Or apt-get install chrony

Does a better job keeping the clock adjusted all the time.

I installed chrony when I first moved to debian.  It has never corrected
my clock though -- I still do it by hand whenever I notice it has
drifted by more than a quarter of an hour.  There is evidently some
setting up that I have failed to do.

Edit /etc/chrony/chrony.conf and locate the line

server 132.163.135.130  offline

Instead of the default IP-address use the address or the hostname of an NTP-server close to you (perhaps ntp.<your-isp>, if your ISP has one). Then either remove 'offline' or arrange for 'chronyc online' to be called when the system is online.

--
"Codito ergo sum"
Roel Schroeven