ide-scsi is deprecated for cd burning!

	One of the boot messages I read in the 2.6 kernels says:

ide-cd: passing drive hdc to ide-scsi emulation.
ide-cd: passing drive hdd to ide-scsi emulation.
ide-scsi is deprecated for cd burning! Use ide-cd and give
dev=/dev/hdX as device

	Does cdrecord know about this?

I have the SCSI emulation for only that reason so ,
do I still need it?  If I burn a cd, my present command looks like:

mkisofs -l -R -q /path/file |cdrecord -dev=0,0,0  -

	I guess that would change to /dev/hdc or /dev/hdd.

	Thank you.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Information Technology Division Network Operations Group