Re: Repairing a corrupted system When dselect Hick ups

> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> E: Couldn't find package de

Damn, this was my fault.

Change the command I gave you to:

  dpkg --get-selections | sed -ne 's,[:space:]install$,,p' | \
    xargs apt-get install --reinstall --yes

then it should not complain.

What happened was that some packages are marked with status
'deinstall', and the above line cut the 'install' bit off, leaving
a stray 'de', which xargs then fed to apt-get as a package to
reinstall.

> Sorry, re-installation of ae is not possible, it cannot be downloaded.
> E: Couldn't find package de

Try again.

> 1wb5agz$ps ax |grep vx |grep -v grep
> Unknown HZ value! (90) Assume 100.
>   653 ?        S      0:43 vx
> 2wb5agz$

This is a problem with an inconsistency between kernel and
user-space libraries. I do not have more information, but the
problem is not really a problem. Ignore it for now.

`. `'`