Re: SSL certificates and Apache/IMAPS

Luke Reeves wrote:
I'm considering buying an SSL certificate to replace the self-signed one
that I'm currently using on my Apache server.  My IMAP server (uw-imap)
also uses a self-signed certificate.

My question is - if I buy a signed certificate bound to the hostname in
question, can I use the same certificate for serving HTTPS and IMAPS
connections?  Or would I need separate certificates.  Thanks,

I don't see why not.  I use the same (self-signed) cert for https,
imaps, and smtps.  No problem there.

The way I keep it manageable is by replacing all references to
individual certificate files (e.g., sslwrap's, apache's, and
postfix's) by either modifying the associated config files to
point at the keys in the /etc/ssl directory or moving the default
keys that came with the packages and symlinking into /etc/ssl.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez