Re: stupid question about setting my debian system and email

On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 15:30 -0700, James Griffith wrote:
> I want to be able to have my Debian system download my email from my
> service provider then use Spamassaaain or on of those spam programs to
> get rid of email that I don't want and either tell me and I will send
> it the mail to a certain address so that if it receives an email from
> either the same person or the same message it will delete it and I
> will not see it ever again... Is this possible with exim4 and if not
> is it possible with any of the other mail MTA's available

Sure.  I do this with Postfix and SpamAssassin.  The package you
want is fetchmail.

This is guide that I used to set up fetchmail, postfix, spamassassin,
courier-imap & maildrop :
http://www.firstpr.com.au/web-mail/RH90-Postfix-Courier-Maildrop-IMAP/

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"What other evidence do you have that they are terrorists, other
than that they trained in these camps?"
17-Sep-2002 Katie Couric to an FBI agent regarding the 5 men
arrested near Buffalo NY