Re: Programming Languages, "to C or not to C, that is the Q."

    1: Don't top post.  We're not playing jeopardy.
    2: Don't CC, it's against list policy.

Michael Z Daryabeygi wrote:
But with a limited toolkit one must sometimes bend over backwards and in the process create opaque code. So ultimately, a rich toolkit can lead to more elegant code though it is opaque to the novice.

Quite the contrary in my experience. I never say a need for 4 different ways to express an if and found it quite problematic when reading code. By the same token 2 looping structures is far more elegant than 6, 4 of which are so rarely used that one often has to stop and pause and think about what one is looking at to understand it.