Re: Dynamic MMap ran out of room - help!!!

> I got the following error in the midst of
>
> #apt-get update

> Reading Package Lists... Error!
> E: Dynamic MMap ran out of room
> E: Error occured while processing misdn-kernel-source (NewPackage)
> E: Problem with MergeList
> /var/lib/apt/lists/gulus.usherbrooke.ca_debian_dists_unstable_main_binary-i386_Packages
> E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

apt has run out of memory processing your cache.  Try entering

APT::Cache-Limit                20000000;

in /etc/apt/apt.conf.  This will increase the allowable memory cache size
and should solve your problem.

BTW, if you Googled 'Dynamic MMap ran out of room' you would readily find
this solution.

Good luck,
Andrew.