Memory profiling tool for CPP apps??

Hi all,

I am trying to debug my c++ app. It is quite complex and involves quite a few classes and
libraries. I am trying to find out where all the memory goes (I suspect memory leak of some sort).

I did check out gdb, it's a very pwoerful debugger. But, unless I missed something, it does not
give profiling info.
I also checked valgrind and its frontend alleyoop. But its not of much help either (even with 3
-v).
When I run my app and run top on it's PID, I can clearly see that my app keeps on eating memory
with each passing second. I need to know why, and what objects are created and not destroyed.

Does anyone of you know of, or heard about such a tool for linux?

Thx,
ib