Re: Kernel installation woes on Athlon 1100: "hda: lost interrupt".

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 07:42:56AM +0000, Adam Funk wrote:
> On Thursday 06 January 2005 21:20, Joe wrote:
>
> >>Is it a "defect" that requires the noapic option?
> >>

> > I think so. I don't believe a mere absence of a feature should stop a
> > kernel booting, particularly a Knoppix one. I think it must be a
> > hardware bug.
> >
> > In fact a quick Google on 'k7s8x noapic bios' suggests that upgrading
> > to version 2.30 of the BIOS will fix it. I'm still not sure I'll
> > bother, I had a bad experience flashing a BIOS a few years ago.
>
> It sounds dodgy to me too.  Am I losing out on anything by just using
> "noapic"?

A quick Google on 'k7s8x noapic bios' returns this thread as the first
result :-)

I've got one of these MBs with an Athlon 2600 in it and I fixed the
problem with a BIOS upgrade which I'm pretty sure was this one:

http://www.ocworkbench.com/2003/asrock/k7s8x/bios/K7S8X226.zip

It was not a dodgy experience apart from needing to boot DOS :-)

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons