Re: password protection of a file

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 17:06:14 +0100, Eddy
<provisoire.jan2005@belgacom.net> wrote:
> Flo a écrit le 16/01/05 13:25 :
> > thanx a lot,
> >
> > the trouble is that i want to use the command into a script.
> > Unfortunately gpg -c and zip -e ask for an user input for the password :-(
>
> At least, zip with options -e and -P (I think) can do that.
> Take a look at man zip.
> But others have told you how weak zip's encryption is.

If you really want to get Byzantine, you could probably set something
up using kerberos credentials.  When you're logged in and have an
appropriate TGT, you can get a ticket for the file.  No, I don't know
how to actually set that up.

BTW, I haven't seen a single message from the OP, only the replies.
Anyone else seeing this behavior?

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh