Re: Courier-imap & squirrelmail: Maildir structure problem.

Le Mercredi 12 Janvier 2005 13:07, vous avez écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I've got a webmail server based upon a courier-imap (& courier-imap-ssl)
> server and an apache2 that redirects on the Squirrelmail php pages.
> Everything is OK except i cannot get the Maildir structure i want (By
> tuning parameters in the different configuration files, i have many
> structures except the one i wish) as described following:
>
> <mail_user_root>/<domains_folder>
>    <account_folder>
>     Maildir/
>      inbox/
>       cur/
>       new/
>       tmp/
>      sent-mail/
>       cur/
>       new/
>       tmp/
>      trash/
>       cur/
>       new/
>       tmp/
>      drafts/
>       cur/
>       new/
>       tmp/
>
> So, this is the structure i want to use for my virtual accounts. My system
> accounts are already organized according to a such structure.
>
> My question: how should i configure imap and squirrelmail to obtain this?
>
> My configuration files are:
>
> + /etc/courier-imap & /etc/courier-imap-ssl:
>
> # INBOX.Outbox
> #
> # OUTBOX=.Outbox
>
> MAILDIRPATH=Maildir
>
> Note: I don't know the meaning of the two commented parameters. Concerning
> the third one, i cannot get its behavior too.
>
> + /etc/userdb/<domains_file>
>
> account
> pop3pw=cryptpass|imappw=cryptpass|uid=mail_user_uid|mail=<mail_user_root>/<
>domains_folder>/<account_folder>/Maildir/|home=<mail_user_home>|gid=65534
>
> + /etc/squirrelmail/config.php
>
> $domain                 = trim(implode('',
> file('/etc/'.(file_exists('/etc/mailname')?'mail':'host').'name')));
> $imapServerAddress      = 'localhost';
> $imapPort               = 143;
> $useSendmail            = false;
> $smtpServerAddress      = 'localhost';
> $smtpPort               = 25;
> $sendmail_path          = '/usr/sbin/sendmail';
> $pop_before_smtp        = false;
> $imap_server_type       = 'courier';
> $invert_time            = false;
> $optional_delimiter     = '.';
>
> $default_folder_prefix          = 'INBOX.';
> $trash_folder                   = 'trash';
> $sent_folder                    = 'sent-mail';
> $draft_folder                   = 'drafts';
> $default_move_to_trash          = true;
> $default_move_to_sent           = true;
> $default_save_as_draft          = true;
> $show_prefix_option             = false;
> $list_special_folders_first     = true;
> $use_special_folder_color       = true;
> $auto_expunge                   = true;
> $default_sub_of_inbox           = false;
> $show_contain_subfolders_option = false;
> [...]

Hello,
Thanks to everybody that have given contributions to my problem, it helped me
very much.

What was my problem? I wanted to gather all my mailboxes into one. These
mailboxes could be imap, pop, KMail, ... (Maildir structure only: Mozilla for
example cannot enter this logic). At first, i tried to configure one by one
all these software to adapt them to my single mailbox structure. It is not
possible.

My solution is to build 1 Maildir stucture used by my MTA. Then, for each
software (imap, pop, KMail, ...), I keep their own structures whereas in each
folder I replace cur/ new/ and tmp/ by symbolic links to these folders in my
basic Maildir structure. That's all!

It's not a perfect solution because:
1. When a webmail user creates a folder, i have to update manually in the
basic mailbox.
2. Some MUA as KMail use hidden files whith emails index. Changing for example
a message into "read" from imap makes this message unreadable by KMail. It is
then necessary to erase these hidden files before launching KMail again.
3. This solution doesn't deal with the mailbox structure programs as Mozilla
for example.

The good solution would be a long-long script that would clean all these
missing.

--
Stevan Kanban