Re: Xserver monitor Setting.....?

I'm no expert on this config...
 That said, I did however have a similar situation.
My solution was to add the resolution to
	/etc/X11/XF86Config-4

Here's a cutout of my monitor section:
After my initial base-install "1024x768"
was not present. I added these resolutions
myself.
After changing these values, (in Gnome)
Desktop Preferences-->Screen Resolution
provided higher resolutions.

Not sure if reboot is necessary, but I did it anyway.

Hope this helps.

Section "Screen"
	Identifier	"Default Screen"
	Device		"Generic Video Card"