Re: How to uninstall?

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 15:23:50 +0100 (CET), Vegard Lundby Rekaa
<vegardlr@student.matnat.uio.no> wrote:
> I installed a program using a .tar.gz file. Can I remove this program and
> how?

If you mean that you installed a program from source code using the
./configure; make; sudo make install method - then maybe.

Try "sudo make uninstall" in the directory you compiled it in.

If that doesn't work, then you are probably stuck with deleting each
file it installed by hand. (And that is why we have package management
systems in the first place!)

--
David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk><http://blog.dorward.me.uk>