ssh mystery

Hi all,

I'm having an odd problem ssh'ing into a box.  It has a public IP address,
and is behind an ADSL router (Amigo CA8XR).  Here's the odd bit:
hotbox:~# netstat -a
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
tcp        0      0 *:ssh                   *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 82-70-62-108.dsl.in:ssh nuts.pulsesol.com:50734 SYN_RECV
tcp        0      0 192.168.0.1:ssh         192.168.0.111:3884
ESTABLISHEDActive UNIX domain sockets (servers and established)
Proto RefCnt Flags       Type       State         I-Node Path
unix  3      [ ]         DGRAM                    141    /dev/log
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    168
hotbox:~#

As you can see, the connection gets stuck at SYN_RECV then times out.  I'm
not a TCP guru, but was hoping that someone could shed some light on this.