Re: Mozilla Thunderbird questions

Kevin B. McCarty wrote:
Hi all,
I switched from pine to Thunderbird last week, and there are two issues that are really frustrating me.

I would be using mutt myself but it frequently flakes out for imap over ssl, which is unacceptable, so I gave up on it for now.

1) How can I get Thunderbird to insert a text file into the body of an email that I'm writing? In pine this is just Ctrl+R, but in Thunderbird the only way I've found is to cut-n-paste from an editor window. Needless to say, this is undesirable for large files. (Selecting Attach from the toolbar or File->Attach from the menu only lets me send the file as an attachment.)

There isn't any extension [1] available to do this either. Unless you have the time to learn how to write this as an extension I believe you are out of luck.

[1] http://texturizer.net/thunderbird/extensions/

dircha