Re: exim4 and adsl connection

On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 06:25:06PM -0400, H. S. wrote:

> How can I setup exim4 so that if I send email to outside world (non
> home.pvt domains), the Sender field contains my sympatico domain, and if
> I send mail to a local user on my home network, Sender has "home.pvt".

I've put these lines in my exim4.conf file, under remote_smtp:  (I guess
your corresponding rule is called remote_smtp, if not, it's the
transport for the SMTP deliveries.)

headers_rewrite = dlb@localhost.localdomain dbree@duo-county.com f
return_path = dbree@duo-county.com

This seems to work fine.  I did have this under the generic rewrite
rules, but it rewrote them for local delivery, too, but by putting it
under remote_smpt, it only changes them for remote delivery.

Note that if you have more than one user, you can use a lookup rule for
this, but since I'm the only user, I just put the one rule into the conf
file.

Dunno if the "return_path" rule is necessary or not, but my mail gets
out so I'm not going to mess with it ;-)