Re: Windows always open in upper-left corner (FVWM 2.4.16)

Incoming from Reid Priedhorsky:

> Reid Priedhorsky writes:
> >
> > I'm having a frustrating problem with the placement of newly-opened windows.
> > I run fvwm on the current testing distribution. This problem has been going
>
> At the risk of being a doofus, a little more tinkering and I discover that
> NoPPosition and MinOverlapPercentPlacement styles work fine. Still seems
> that CascadePlacement doesn't cascade, but I'm happy now.

I have no idea what that means.  However, you can always force things
to open where you want them to assuming they obey X resource settings.
Most X apps accept a "-geometry XxY+-N+-N" switch.  To find out the
position of an X app, run "xwininfo" and click in the app's window.
If you always want all instances of that app to open up there,
hardcode it in .Xresources:

Emacs.geometry:          104x46-92+36

If you leave off the position parameters (ie., -92+36), it will just
open up at that size (104x46).

- -