amavisd-new stable backport - installation failure

Hello.

I'm trying to installed amavisd-new on a Woody-based server from the source:
deb http://people.debian.org/~aurel32/BACKPORTS woody-amavisd-new main

However, installation always fails. Here's my output:

brickwall:/home/ADMIN/admin# apt-get install !$
apt-get install amavisd-new
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  amavisd-new
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0  not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/293kB of archives. After unpacking 762kB will be used.
Selecting previously deselected package amavisd-new.
(Reading database ... 35098 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking amavisd-new (from .../amavisd-new_20030616p7-3_all.deb) ...
Setting up amavisd-new (20030616p7-3) ...
Creating/updating amavis user account...
addgroup: The group `amavis' already exists.
adduser: Warning: The home dir you specified already exists.
User amavis does already exist. Exiting...
Starting amavisd: Config file /etc/amavis/amavisd.conf does not exist at /usr/sbin/amavisd-new line 561.
(failed).
invoke-rc.d: initscript amavis, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing amavisd-new (--configure):
 amavisd-new

This is consistent - even if I apt-get remove and try again, or if I manually clear away any files placed, it still happens. The actual contents of /etc/amavis are two directories - en_US and pt_BR. No config file.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance for any information,
Ian