Re: What happened to the Compose Key?

On Sat, 2004-04-17 at 06:52, Adam Funk wrote:

> > See  /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/rules/xfree86 for the complete list of
> > available options.
>
> I had a look at that but it doesn't really explain what the options do.

Oops! Sorry. Please look at /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/rules/xfree86.lst
which contains descriptive text of what the various options are.

> How could I get my right alt key (which as far as I can tell does
> nothing at present) to imitate the left alt key?

Is your left Alt key also a Meta meta key, or is that function taken
over by left Win? Your right Alt might be mapped to Mode_Switch/AltGr.
If your keys have 3 or more characters on them, Mode_Switch/AltGr
lets you use them.

Try "alt:rightaltismeta" which should make right Alt generate the
Alt_R keysym and assign Meta_R to it as well.

--
Steven Yap <syap@shaw.ca>