Re: dhcp

Mustafa Taha Al-Shawaf <alshawaf@uiuc.edu> writes:

> I have a cable modem and router.  At the moment, my debian box uses
> dhcp and asks the router for an ip everytime my machine boots up.
> Also, everyday my router gives my debian box a new ip.

Contact whoever made that POS and find out how to make it work like
every other DHCP server in existence.  The DHCP server should always
give you the same IP unless renew and expire times have passed and the
IP has been assigned to another MAC address, unless it can't because
it's no longer working the same block of IPs.

--
Paul Johnson
<baloo@ursine.ca>