Severe network slowdown

Hi there,

Since I've been trying to compile a kernel, I've been having troubles of extreme network slowdown. Network throughput drops form megabytes/s to kilobyte/s on a 100Mbit network. It happens a seemingly random time after I've booted. It's not the network and it's not the nic. I've checked that. It must be the kernel. It's a standard 2.4.25 kernel configured almost the same as the woody 2.4.18-bf24 kernel. Does anybody have any idea what might be the cause? I have no idea where or how to start looking.

Thanks in advance,
Jimmy Tak