SMP on Compaq 850r

Hi there,

I have several Proliant 850r's running dual 200mhz Pentium Pro CPU's.
I have noticed that since the last apt-get dist-upgrade the boot procedure
no longer recognises the 2nd CPU.

Each machine goes through the POST OK, with the bios initialising both
processors, but when Debian boots it displays "SMP motherboard not detected"
and only uses the 1st CPU.

This was working previously, does anyone know if SMP has been
removed/altered/broken in the latest 2.4.18-686-smp kernel image?

I am using a fairly standard Woody install, with all security patches
applied etc.

Cheers,

Pete.