automated installation

Hi Debian!

I would like to install "my" Sarge installation automatically.

Sarge's sources.list has 6 loopmounted uptodate CD's

Looking at fai it appears that this does not emphasize the package installation process and wants nfs and a debian mirror.

So I am looking at expect.

First question I cannot find the answer to:
It appears a lot simpler if you can tell apt-get never to use ncurses for its questions but read-line. This must be an environment variable or in a config file. But where is it?

Thanks!

Hugo