Re: boot says wrong fs type but still works - worrying!

Anthony Campbell wrote:

> On booting, I get a message about "wrong fs type, bad superblock..."
> However, everything appears to work normally afterwards.

Are you using a custom kernel? Does your kernel have tmpfs
support? /etc/init.d/mountkernfs tries to mount a tmpfs partition
on /dev/shm on boot - if your kernel lacks tmpfs support, you'll get that
error message.

I get these same messages for exactly this reason - I'm using a custom
kernel without tmpfs support.

Adam