Re: Problems with latest Apache2 update

On Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 11:11:41PM -0600, John Foster wrote:
> I recently updated my apache2 from SID. Now when it tries to start I get a
> message that it can not find the fully qualified domain name of my network
> server. I have recently used the newest Debian network installer from SID to

To change the hostname you probably would need to do as follows:
1. hostname new_name
2. Edit files /etc/hostname and /etc/hosts
3. Edit /etc/apache/httpd.conf

If I am missing some, probably someone will correct it. When you
install apache, it pulls the name of the host from whatever you
ansewered when you first installed the system, unless you changed it
afterwards.
HTH.