RE: Bf24 Install (2.4.20 Kernel?)

> > Is there a list of supported hardware for the 2.4.20 kernel?
>
> The documentation included in the kernel source can maybe
> help you. Also some distributions have databases about
> supported hardware. However probably you are more successful
> if instead of trying to find out what hardware the kernel
> supports (probably a lot), you try to find out which kernel
> supports your hardware. Searching at
> <http://groups.google.com> with the names/chipsets of your
> hardware ot the output of lspci can in many cases give you
> information about what systems people use this kind of
> hardware on, and on which systems it doesn't work. And of
> course you can also ask here again, if you tell us what kind
> of hardware you want to use.

Compaq's SMART Array 6402 - Just ensuring (Prior to purchase) that I
could get it running under Deb.

Resorted to reading Kernel Doc:

2.4.20 kern:

Supported Cards:
----------------

This driver is known to work with the following cards:

        * SA 5300
        * SA 5i
        * SA 532
        * SA 5312

So unfortunately no support, but I had 2.4.24 source, and looks like  it
does:

Supported Cards:
----------------

This driver is known to work with the following cards:

        * SA 5300
        * SA 5i
        * SA 532
        * SA 5312
        * SA 641
        * SA 642
        * SA 6400
        * SA 6400 U320 Expansion Module
        * SA 6i

So looks like I'll have to create a driver from that kern...

Regards,
MB