Re: KDE Mouse Failure

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kent West" <westk@acu.edu>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 3:35 PM
Subject: Re: KDE Mouse Failure

> Clyde Wilson wrote:
>
> >[KDE dies when starting; Gnome works fine]. Yep, I've tried as other
users.  I've reinstalled the entire system,
> >reinstalled kde.  I've used startx, kdm and gdm, all with the same
results.
> >KDE comes up, starts the initialization and then comes down.  Seems to
blow
> >on my mouse....
> >

> What type of mouse? PS/2? USB? Serial?

I have a PS/2 mouse.

> Do you have gpm installed? What's the contents of /etc/gpm.conf?

No, I don't have gpm installed...but I have tried it in the past.  Still
wouldn't come up.

> What do the pointer sections of /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 look like?

Section "InputDevice"
 Identifier "Configured Mouse"
 Driver  "mouse"
 Option  "CorePointer"
 Option  "Device"  "/dev/psaux"
 Option  "Protocol"  "PS/2"
 Option  "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
 Option  "ZAxisMapping"  "4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
 Identifier "Generic Mouse"
 Driver  "mouse"
 Option  "SendCoreEvents" "true"
 Option  "Device"  "/dev/input/mice"
 Option  "Protocol"  "ImPS/2"
 Option  "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
 Option  "ZAxisMapping"  "4 5"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
 Identifier "Default Layout"
 Screen  "Default Screen"
 InputDevice "Generic Keyboard"
 InputDevice "Configured Mouse"
 InputDevice "Generic Mouse"
EndSection

I have no idea why it generates 2 mice.  I only have one.  It's built in to
the motherboard.
I've tried commenting them out, one at a time...still won't come up.