Re: Terribly slow gui (gnome&kde)

Quoting Justin Guerin <jguerin@cso.atmel.com>:

> On Wednesday 24 March 2004 02:58, Mirko Scurk wrote:
> > I'm running unstable on DELL optiplex gx270 (nvidia geforce4 mx 440,
> > 256MB RAM, P4 ....)
> > Linux xyz 2.6.2-1-386
> > xserver-xfree8 4.3.0-7
> > gnome-core     47 (???) (2.4.....)
> > kdebase        3.2.1-1
> > kde            3.1.2
> >
> > X-windows and kdm are starting fast and without problems but when I try
> > to start either gnome or kde it takes literally hour(s). Last time I
> > measured Splash screen was displayed for 15mins. After any of this is
> > loaded system seems to work fine. Top doesn't reveal anything???

I had a very slow system once with nothing strange in top, after countless
sleepless nights, it was the cooler on my CPU the was broken.

Maybe you should think 'hardware'

joost

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please notify A.S.T.R.I.D.  nv/sa immediately and then delete this e-mail.