AW: [OT] Microsoft's teeny punishment by the EU

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Louis Losee [mailto:llosee@hvc.rr.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 24. Marz 2004 06:12
An: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Betreff: Re: [OT] Microsoft's teeny punishment by the EU

* John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> [2004-03-23 23:25]:
> Lou writes:
> > They may not like it, however, with over $50 billion in cash reserves
> > paying a $600 million fine is sort of like a normal person paying a
> > speeding ticket.
>
> A $5000 speeding ticket.

<Don't understand how you figure that...

<$600 million is only 1.2% of the $50 billion cash reserve.  So if I had
<to pay a fine of $5000 that would imply I had a $416,666 cash reserve.

<So if I had $10,000 cash reserve I figure my fine would be about $120.

<Perhaps you have more money in the bank than I do!

<Lou

LOL I like that one! But both of you forget one thing! repeat offenders get
higher fines! So next time MS isn't watching their "speed" and they get
caught, the fine will get bigger, everytime that is...... Me think, Me likes
that :-)

Simmel