Mathematica 5.0 and Debian Linux

Hi:

 Has anybody been successful in converting Mathematica (,nb) files with
 Save as SPecial to latex and then running latex on the file? I get lot
 error messages, though at the end a dvi file is produced. There is lot
 of places where the text goes past the page, and I am unable even to
 adjust the margins. There does not appear to be any place in
 notebook2e.sty to do this.

 I am running unstable. I wac never successful with MAthematica 4.2
 either, and Mathematica 5.0 is no better. I have donloaded the
 Convert50.tar.gz file from wolfram, and run the install.nb file, but
 this makes no difference.

 I will be grateful for any suggestions.

 Sebastian Canagaratna
 Department of Chemistry