Re: apt cache

Hello

Enrique Samson Jr. (<xjigen@info.com.ph>) wrote:

> how do i specify the URI for sources.list when i would like it to
> contain my apt cache from an updated knoppix3.3 hd-install in another
> partition? Would it be right to write "deb
> file:/var/cache/apt/archives testing"?

Apt needs some addidional files, like "Packages". Use apt-move to move
the packages into a hierarchy usable by apt and to create the necessary
files. Or simply copy the contents of /var/cache/apt/archives. Or
symlink /var/cache/apt/archives from one file system to another.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674
Registered Linux User #267976