AW: webmin access?

Right and the port usually is 10000 and not 1000 :-) maybe that's the
problem ????

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Jaldhar H. Vyas [mailto:jaldhar@debian.org]
Gesendet: Freitag, 12. Marz 2004 19:47
An: stan
Cc: Debian User List
Betreff: Re: webmin access?

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004, stan wrote:

> I'm setting up a KnoppMYTH machine, and it seesm to install webmin by
> default. I;m able to get my browser to atach to port 1000 on that machine,
> but I can't get loged in.

Whoops I didn't see this until now.  You are really better off reporting
problems through the bug tracking system (http://bugs.debian.org/)

> Does webmin use the /etc/password passwords?

The Debian packages use PAM which is set up by default to use /etc/passwd.

They also uses https instead of http which is probably your problem.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>