Re: problems getting glx direct rendering

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:34:27 +0000
Paul Boyle <pbo@physics.dcu.ie> wrote:

> I have a pci ati rage 128 and can't seem to be able to get direct
> rendering to work. I have kernel 2.4.24 install
> ed and using X11 4.2.1.1. I have configured XF86Config-4 so that it
> loads the required modules, glx and dri. The
> relevant section of the log file are included below.

I don't think it is.  You included a *part* of the log file that was
relevent -- the part that showed the direct rendering modules getting
loaded.  But you didn't include the part further on in the log, which
shows where they're initialized and start running.  It's possible that
the messages from the r128 driver are different from what I expect (I
don't have an ATI card), but I'm expecting other stuff to be present
than what you've shown.

Did you look for "EE" lines in the log?  If so, what does that section
of the log look like?  If there are no "EE" lines in the log, it might
be worthwhile to see the whole log.  Also, what does the DRI section of
your XF86Config-4 look like?  What's the mode setting?

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)