Sarge install problem

Hi,

I got a strange problem here. Downloaded sarge iso image 1 and 2
yesterday with jigdo. Burned it and booted from CD ROM. All fine till
now. Now I got the boot prompt with the Debian logo. When I now try to
boot I got in an endless loop. I also tried the expert mode with boot
sequence debug and verbose debugging as told in the boot help. I don't
even have a chance to break the boot sequence. The error looks like
this (I can't really read it, because of the loop):
" attempt to access beyond end of device
  01:00 rw=0 want=(some number) limit=(some number)"

Does anyone know what this is?

There are several partitions on the hdd running SuSE Linux.

Greets
Markus