Re: Cron-ing apt-get update

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:20:20 +0100, David Baron wrote:

> Tried to do this, using webmin. Set it up a root at midnight each day. Anacron
> is run daily.
>
> Has not executed.

The only cronjobs that are anacron'ed by default are the
ones that are run in the /etc/cron.monthly, /etc/cron.daily, and
/etc/cron.weekly directories (NOT /etc/cron.hourly, and NOT the user
crontabs).

It's easy enough for you to read anacron's manpage and set that
up to run your task, but it's not the default, so your task is never
getting run if you shut down at night.