Re: Mouse lost, solved. Was (Re: udev questions (and answers))

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 06:27:11PM -0500, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
| On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 05:57:58PM -0500, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
| > On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 03:01:46PM -0600, Alex Malinovich wrote:
| > > Thanks to Derrick 'dman' Hudson, I'm now the proud admin of a
| > > udev-enabled machine. This has raised a few questions over the last few
| > > days which I have mostly fixed, with a couple of exceptions. For those
| > > things that I've already solved, I'll include both the question and the
| > > answer for the benefit of future archive searches. (The unanswered
| > > question, for those inclined to help, is at the bottom.)
| >
| > I just installed udev, and have lost X, due to /dev/psaux
| > dissapearence. I imagine that this can be the only reason. This
| > without rebooting, just by doing the regular mouse that has always
| > worked with thopse settings.
| >
| I answer myself:
|
| The line in /etc/X11/XF86Config that refers to the mouse must be
| changed to:
|
|  Option "Device"      "/dev/misc/psaux"

That is one solution, and the one I would use (but I use
/dev/input/mice).

Another is to put the line
    L psaux misc/psaux
in /etc/udev/links.conf and then udev will create a symlink for you.

FYI,
-D

--
"640K ought to be enough for anybody" -Bill Gates, 1981