Perl interface to APT

Hi,

I want to write a program that will make a web page with a list of all packages that needs to be updated on a particular debian box. I do apt-get update every night from cron, and wants to have access to the apt-get -u upgrade from a web page, for all my servers, in a single page. I am lazy and do not want to ssh into every one of them looking for upgrades and certainly do not want to upgrade automatically or miss an important upgrade.

I did not find any program that does this, so decided to roll my own. Looking for programing info about apt, I found libapt-pkg-perl. But no docs about it.

So my question is Is libapt-pkg-perl what I should be looking at? Any place to find it's documentation?

With Warm regards,

raj