ut2004demo and OpenAL

Well as I now see after working on getting unreal2004 working ive run into two problems. One of which I fixed (it being in the center of the two monitors) and the other I did not (not having any sound). I am going to assume it has something to do with that ut2004 uses OpenAL. I use artsd in KDE (if they are similar or anything I do not know much about either of them and have not been able to find much).

How can I get my sound to work in Ut2004?

Big Thanks for the help like always,

Thomas G