dhcp, dhclient, and g4u

This is not strictly a Debian question, but I'm not sure what to do and appreciate your advice. I've been using g4u, which boots netBSD and using a dhcp server to connect. I have a bunch of old boxes that have been getting a new image without any problem. I have a bunch of other computers, which are newer (HP Pavilions) with the same NIC that have been giving me problems--but only recently. I made an image some time ago with one of the HPs, but now I can't find any of the HPs that will connect to the network when booted with g4u.

Q: Might there be a BIOS setting that would keep a computer from accessing a dhcp server? I've checked this possibility and can't see anything obvious.

Q: I can boot with a rescue CD (e.g., System Rescue) and access the dhcp server. It must be possible to boot from a CD and then launch g4u from a floppy. How do you mount the floppy?

Mark