Re: upgrade to unstable problem

>   Things seem to work fine sofar,  but several times during the upgrade,
> I got the following error:
> devconf: unable to initialize frontend: Kde
> Can't locate Qt.pm in @INC(....
>
> and now I see the same error when installing other packages
>  Anyone Have any ideas about this?
>
>   Is it safer to do a new installation, is it fine to upgrade the way I did?

First I think that should be 'debconf' not 'devconf', right?

My guess is that debconf is configured to try to ask you questions
using a sort of 'ask-a-question-in-kde' program, which because you're
either not running the upgrade under X11+KDE or because you don't
have X11 or KDE installed, is failing.

Try running the command:

	dpkg-reconfigure debconf

and when prompted for how questions should be asked, select 'Dialog'.
At the second question about priorities of displayed messages, just
leave it at the current setting.

Then try installing a new package and see what happens.

(Of course, make sure that 'dialog' is installed first :-)

Alexis
http://dione.no-ip.org/alexis/