Re: (unknown)

Hello

Darrel (<DFarr2003@charter.net>) wrote:

> i was wondering if i could get the internet on my linux computer
> running redhat through my pc running windows xp with a crossover cable
> and how do i do this if it is possible

First of all, this is the Debian-User mailing list. You use Windows XP
and RedHat, so this is not the best place to ask. Better try some Red
Hat mailing list or some kind of Windows support.

Basically you need to

- activate Internet Connection Sharing on the Windows PC
- tell the Linux PC to use the Windows PC as a gateway
- tell the Linux PC the IP adresses of your ISP's nameservers

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674
Registered Linux User #267976