Re: Newbies! please check this out -> http://www.aboutdebian.com/

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 08:16:30PM -0500, xucaen wrote:
> Today I found an amazing web site! why this is not listed anywhere on the debian.org
> web page I can not say but this has more information than I could ever have wished for!
> I urge all newbies to check it out!!

A pecadillo:

<quote>
Why Not Debian ?

If you're the type who likes to base your operations on the bleeding
edge, Debian isn't for you. Debian's focus on providing a stable,
reliable operating system across all platforms means it will never be
"first to market" with new bells and whistles. They are incorporated
into new releases once the bugs have been discovered and worked out.
</quote>
--
Mike

When the correction first comes, we tend to underreact. While we do not
like the surprise, we tend to think of it as maybe a one-time thing.
Things, we believe, will soon get back to normal. We do not scale back
our expectations sufficiently. It apparently takes years for this to
work itself out. - John Mauldin