Digital camera corrupted images

Hi all
I have debian unstable up-to-date and a kodak dx3500
I download images and they get corrupted, while I see them fine on the camera. moreover, I had an onld memory card with pictures (I previously downloaded) and when downloading them now
they are corrupt (images haf gray, bad colors).

Anyone has any idea of what can I do?
I really need to take pictures of my 5 months old daughter :)

Any help or tip will be greatly appreciated.
please cc me since I'm not currently on the list