Re: gpg & mutt

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 09:06:14PM +0100 or thereabouts, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 the mental interface of
> S.D.A. told:
> >
> > Elimar,
> >
> > Wierd, I don't seem to have an 'options' file. I'll see if it's
> > somewhere else.
>
>  Did you install the gnupg package?  There must be a options.skel in
>  the distribution like in /usr/share/gnupg or
>  /usr/locale/share/gnupg. Copy that file to your $HOME/.gnupg as
>  $HOME/.gnupg/options and fix your keyserver, defaultkey etc in that
>  file.  Also you need the gpg.rc.gz out of the mutt doc-distro
>  unziped and copied to your $HOME/.mutt/muttrc.gpg. In .mutt/muttrc
>  you have to notice mutt by source ~/.mutt/muttrc.gpg by that file.

Yes I installed the gnupg package. OK, thanks for the heads-up regarding
'options.skel'. It's been copied over to the appropriate directory.

I also got the gpg.rc file, and referenced it to my muttrc. I'm still
getting the errors about not finding the key, however, when I attempt to
sign.

In my options file, I stated my default key in the following format:

default-key F8A48DF1

Is this the proper syntax?

Is there a good SxS for this anywhere. Any I'm found, don't really go
through this step x step. I followed one, and it didn't even mention an
"options" file.

I guess failing there being a SxS, I'll have to write one -- once I get
this working that is...

>  Thats my way and it works perfect ;-)

OK, Still not for me though. :) I'm learning though. Thanks for the
help.