RE: LILO

-----Original Message-----
From: Kent West [mailto:westk@acu.edu]
Sent: Sunday, February 29, 2004 12:29 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: LILO

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 10:10:29PM -0500, MacNean Tyrrell wrote:

>my lilo seems to be screwed up, it
>boots and I get some OS/2 thing, I even tried reinstalling debian from

net,

MacNean Tyrrell wrote:

>I don't think I made a rescue disk.  Am I totally screwed?

No. Boot up off your installer CD, go through the installation as far as
mounting / and /usr, but DO NOT partition/initialize (skip those steps).
Then shell out via Alt-F2. Run "chroot /target". Now you can edit
/etc/lilo.conf to fix whatever problems it has, then run "lilo". "exit",
Alt-F1 back to the installer, choose "Reboot system" and remove the
installer CD. Hopefully you're now fixed. If not, provide more info
(error messages, etc) (and please, don't top post).

--
Kent

Thanks I got LILO running now and everything is working (except sound
still).  Thanks again.