Re: restoring /var/cache/apt/archives contents

Hello

Antonio Rodriguez (<arodriguez31@cfl.rr.com>) wrote:

> I have used in the past apt-move to create a local mirror. I usually
> like to keep archives with the debs, in case I need to reinstall them
> and they are gone from the archives, after being replaced by new
> versions. At this point I would like better to just restore all the
> debs that have been deleted by my careless accepting the default in
> dselect. I would like to hear opinions about the best options here.
> dpkg set selections followed by some aptget download only...

Something like

dpkg --get-selections | cut -f1 |\
xargs apt-get -y --download-only --reinstall install

should download the packages you need. It will not download packages
that would be installed from any local sources, although apt may ask
you to insert some CD.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674