XFree86 4.3: "insufficient memory for mode"

I upgraded to XFree86 4.3 in unstable, but have run into a snag.  One of
my cards (an ATI Rage 128) is working the same as before, but my other
card (a Matrox G400) now will only display at 800x600 and XFree86
reports "insufficient memory for mode".  I didn't notice anything prior
to the insufficient memory message that suggested a problem, but maybe
it's there.

Do I perhaps need to change the configuration file?

--
Lance Simmons