librrds-perl

I want to install librdds-perl on my server but:

"Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
  librrds-perl: Depends: perlapi-5.6.1"

I have perl-5.8.2  installed but this doesn't seem to provide a perlapi
package ?? Anyone got a workaround for this ??

Downgrading perl isn't really what I want to do, and even if I wanted,
downgrading seems like apt wants to remove a bunch of packages along with it
(when using the priority param in preferences.conf) so that's definetily not
what i want.

Regards,
Stefan Vunckx