Re: is it 2.6 or alsa?

Kenward Vaughan wrote:

> Not so much in answer to your real problem, but the kernel team is
> moving away from OSS in favor of ALSA (note how OSS is deprecated in
> the config now).  The direction you move in to get a fix should IMHO be
> towards that end...

Hmmm ja, I know that ALSA "successes" OSS, and

> Did you perhaps choose both when configuring??

No - but I tried the OSS emulation of ALSA, and at least for the system
sounds under KDE, that made a big difference already, tho they are still
too fast and high-pitched.

Or could it be the arts sound server (needed with OSS emulation, but needs
to be switched off for pure ALSA)?

Kind regards,
wjl aka Wolfgang Lonien