Re: Unofficial HP/Compaq Drivers/Config Utilities for Debian

On Feb 16, 2004, at 3:17 AM, Peter A. Cole wrote:
I was on a HP SAN course last week and was asking about support for Debian as opposed to Red Hat, and the answer was basically that it takes a long
time to test Open Source operating systems and therefore the official
support for any other distribution than Red Hat may happen at some stage,
but not in the near future.

Oh that's retarded.

HP themselves *USE* Debian internally for a number of things, as it was announced that it was a company standard some time ago.

The giant left hand doesn't know what the giant right hand is doing...

If one frustrated user can make a "usable" Debian package for those systems in an evening or two, HP could certainly do a "professional" quality one in a week and test it in along with the testing of the RH RPM's.

Their advanced Linux development group could whip up a proper .deb in their sleep, I'm sure.

Nate Duehr, nate@natetech.com